Seven skeins and seven swatches: no. 2

This is Fleurette. Isn't she lovely?

IMG_1786

And here's a profile...

IMG_1783

This pattern is detailed on page 221 of Barbara Walker's First Treasury. This swatch has 29 stitches and I forgot how many rows and measures exactly 5 inches by 5 inches (about 13x13 cm). It was done on 3.5 mm needles.

This is my favorite so far for a cardigan. It lies flat and I think I will get more for my yardage than if I used a bumpier pattern.

This morning Rhiannon and I were talking about how we have to go down several needle sizes when we knit a pattern due to our loose gauge. I think I'll try going down a needle size with this yarn. Just to see.

Comments

Marjorie said…
That colorway is beautiful, and the pattern is also.

I have somehow morphed into a loose knitter after knitting precisely to gauge for decades, and I have no idea why. I don't feel as if I'm doing anything differently. But I routinely start with needles one size smaller than suggested, and I sometimes have to go down more than that. As long as you end up with the look you like, that is all that matters.

But I am on the lookout for size 00 and 000 DPNs for socks. Size 0s aren't getting 8 stitches to an inch for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked