Just Barely Spring

These little crocuses will need to survive 22 F (-6 C) tonight. Wish them luck.

Easter 2008

Meanwhile, here's the beginning of a cotton jacket. The yarn is Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK cotton knit on 3.5 mm needles. This jacket starts with a seed stitch border followed by Herringbone Lace stitch(Barbara Abbey). My gauge for the Herringbone was about 5.3 stitches per inch. After about 3-3.5 inches, I switched to another 6 stitch repeat: the Seaweed pattern from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury. I'm getting 6 stitches per inch with this pattern. This change in gauge makes a nice transition at the hips and helps create the illusion of shaping. I first knit this jacket, of my own design, several years ago, but yarn was variegated and so the full effect of the textured stitch patterns was lost. It's on my Ravelry page as the Venice Jacket. I'm making some mods here and have renamed it The North Sea jacket.

I really like the way one stitch pattern blends into the other.

IMG_1702

IMG_1705

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked