One mitten short of a pair

Let's see. I've been struggling with a nasty bug all week and it's left me a little empty headed. I have, however, managed to knit a Norwegian mitten. Voila.

If it weren't for this little mitten, I'd have no sense of accomplishment at all. None whatsoever. The second one should go faster.

The yarn is Classic Elite Fresco (60% wool, 30% alpaca, 10% angora). I used US 1 - 2.25 mm and US 0 - 2.0 mm needles. I used the smaller needles on the cuff and on the thumb.

What else did I do? Lost internet for several days, nipping in the bud a dangerous addiction to Mahjong. Thanks go to Frontier, our phone company. Mended my daughter's fingerless mittens that she loves. Must have done laundry. Yes. Made more chicken soup with feet in it. Knitted myself plain gloves.


















Now I'd like to knit an exciting Norwegian pair, but next on the menu is Maya Poffenberger's Japanese Wave Mittens (Ravelry link). Here's the photo from the project page. I think that a couple of skeins of Malabrigo Worsted could make a stunning pair.


















I've been working on a few other projects too but have made negligible progress. If anything else of interest that I have thought about, seen, or done comes to mind later on, I will certainly let you know. For now, please accept instead this photo of my daughter Nadia's lovely Boojums sitting on my suitcase at Xmas.


Comments

Mary Lou said…
Looks to me like you have been rather productive. Maybe losing internet is the key. Those Japanese wave mittens are lovely! Hope you fell better. I't 4 degrees here, so I'm just cozying down.
Anonymous said…
that is Bruno on your suitcase.
-daughter
Raveller said…
Yeah, but Boojums sounds better.
Helen said…
Bruno/Boojums is gorgeous, a very cuddleable cat. Sorry you're feeling duff, but I'm sure the chicken feetsies will help.

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked

In the Vortex: yes we can!