Crew of the Wildebeest

I can't say how much I'm enjoying this knit - it's perfect. I'm using up a motley crew of skeins of Dive Autunno bought on a deep, deep sale and improvising a pattern from Sharon Miller's new book on hap shawls - Shetland Hap Shawls ~ Then & Now I love the way it looks and feels. The colours aren't quite right here. It's less yellow in reality....



The first photo shows its contruction. I started by knitting the black triangle. I used one ball of Mission Falls 1824 wool, ending up with 72 stitches along the top. Leaving those stitches on the needle, I cast on 72 stitches down each of the other two sides of the triangle using my Dive Autunno, a gloriously soft and pliant wool, and knit two wings in Old Shell stitch, following a chart in Miller's book.



When I ran out the the Autunno, I wet and blocked it having added some extra needles so that I could stretch it out properly. Phew! The centre back seams fit together nicely. Tucked in the loose ends and now I am ready to do the edging. Must choose yarn for this purpose...something black in a DK weight, a slight lighter weight than the body? I'm not sure...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked