On the road

Off to Montreal, Ottawa, Wakefield today to visit family and the Three Crazy Knitters: Juie, Maureen and Kathryn The current post (Jun 24th) shows Kat's new studio. I hear that she has given up her day job and is painting and dyeing full time. I am looking forward to visiting Riverside Studio this week. Her merino singles are gorgeous.

First I must get out of Rochester. My first flight was cancelled. I was to fly through Philly but am now flying west to Minneapolis in order to fly east from here to Montreal. Crazy. If I get there on time it will have taken 14 hours to fly what normally takes 5.5 hours to drive. Don't ask.

In the meantime, I am catching up on the knitting blogs. There seems to be rash of people posting photos of their ancestors. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Here's my current knitting....an edging from Heirloom Knitting. My idea is to knit it to about 70 or 80 percent of the desired length and cast off. Then pick up all along the inside edge and knit a stripe of a similar width. Cast off, then pick up for another stripe.

I'll use a different combination of the Angel mohair and the Skaska for each stripe. I'm struggling to download the right photos, but here's what I have so far. 




Comments

Mary Lou said…
Safe travels. Email me if you get stuck in Mpls airport! Give my love to Wakefield.

Popular posts from this blog

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked

On my birthday