Lakeside to Garden

My Ravelry project page says I started this in May, but you know I think it was April. 

Pattern: Cobweb Crepe by Sharon Miller
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock (2 skeins) for centre and Ambrosia (Knit One Crochet Too - 4.5 skeins) for the edging on 3.25 mm (US 3) needles.

The pattern calls for a larger Old Shale border, but I simply stopped knitting the border when I came to end of the 2nd skein of Malabrigo Sock and then looked for a yarn for the edging. I was severely enabled by my friends at the Yarn Boutique and ended up using Ambrosia, a merino, cashmere and silk blend. It's heavier than the Sock and to make up for that I caught up an extra stitch on every third return edging row. I like that the edging is slightly heavier and more sumptuous than the centre. Mmmm. All mine! 

Things seem finally to be settling down. My ankles are much better though I haven't dared a trip to the gym yet. A bit at a time. 










Comments

Mary Lou said…
Lovely. And it's so damn hot, I am not moving very much at all. Definitely not to the gym.

Popular posts from this blog

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked

Swatch