Turning Point Trail

I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. This is where we walked there on Saturday before the darkness and cold descended again. After a few days of rain and fluctuating temps, we are poised to dip below freezing, which I suppose is par for the course this time of year.

You park nearby businesses where people overwinter their pleasure boats. The beginning of the walk passes some boat wrecks and some modest boathouses. It has a similar feel to the now defunct
Verdun Boat Club - small huts next to functional docks up on the Saint Lawrence River near Montreal - quasi urban.
















Then you come to a fabulous boardwalk that sweeps out over a basin in the Gennesee River.
















Over at the other end, there are a series of these round cement docks like this one. I was told that cement boats used to dock here. If you keep going, you get to the Kodak watr treatment plant and the Rochester Zoo.
















Here's how the beginning of the boardwalk looks when you cast your glance back at it:
















I wonder if this heron is related to the ones on the St. lawrence River?



















In Knitting

It's all aimed to sooth. I started a second Gilet, bigger size this time. I'm using some old teal coloured Germantown attic yarn on 8 US/ 5 mm needles so it should knit up quickly.
















And I just have to put the edging on this Aestlight.















Helen asked about my "Oy!" in connection with NG volume 6. Helen - it was an East European "Oy!" - an expression of dismay, as opposed to a British "Oi!" which is not a positive interjection either. Nothing in the whole volume appealed to me at all, which saddens me greatly. I have all the other NG volumes, but I won't be completing my set with this one.

Comments

Mary Lou said…
I was out riding the other day and saw a heron trying to manuver on the ice. It was funny and kind of sad, too, I wondered if he got left behind when others went where there was open water. And what a great soothing knit - I loved Germantown.

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked