Maybe if I talk about it...

Every so often I fret about having too many projects on the go. Isn't it true that all but the most disciplined and organized of us start new projects before finishing the old ones? Nothing new there. And isn't it a good idea to alternate between a project on tiny needles and one on larger needles in order to exercise different muscle groups? Yes, you non knitters - this IS a legitimate consideration. AND, as Rabyll commented to me at the last RKG meeting, we knit because it amuses us and when a project ceases to amuse you, why not move on to another one?

These considerations sooth my conscience for a while, but I'm feeling a bit scattered. I'm having a hard time finishing anything up at all this week. Here are the projects that I keep picking up with limited results (we won't speak of the ones that I haven't worked on in 6 months or longer):

- A pair of brown socks: doesn't the mere mention just put you to sleep?

- The blue Twilley's of Stamford cardigan: I left one skein on a park bench, and so I'm one short! I'm waiting for extra to arrive in the mail from Delaware. I located spare skeins in the the exact colour and dye lot in someone's stash on Ravelry. In mere seconds.

- The Pine Tree Palatine Scarf: Turns out it's more like a throw, it's so darned big. My current excuse is that I'm afraid I can't concentrate well enough to work on it.

- The Doubled Bordered Diamond Lace scarf: two thirds done, I have about ten repeats remaining on the curiously soporific 20 row repeat that makes up this pattern.

I know there's more...

Oh yes, the Wedgette - it's almost in the six months category. On the one hand the Cashsoft DK does beckon, but I keep telling myself that I'll wait for Nora Gaughan to write the pattern instructions for the sleeves before I go on with it.

There *could* be others.

So I started this delicious concoction of lime green baby alpaca fleece and bue green Italian laceweight mohair one on Friday night. My husband picked the baby alpaca up on a trip to Moscow several years ago. It's very similar to one of the shades of Berrocco's Ultra Fine Alpaca.

I give you the beginnings of The North Sea Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls. I've made it before and the wavy looking parts actually block out into squares. This picture makes it look a little yellowish. In fact it's nothing like the real thing. Perhaps I'll take you up on your offer Lisa.




Comments

Mary Lou said…
I believe in having several projects on the go, good for the muscles and the mind. Sometimes, you need mindless. Black socks, anyone?
Marjorie said…
That is such a pretty shawl, and the yarn color is great.

I have more UFOs and WIPs than I like, but I find it hard not to practice project monogamy. If I'm working on something, I will keep at it until I reach a problem that requires some mental effort to solve (not typically something I can muster on a weeknight).

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked