Shawls, Shawls, Shawls

Knitting Up North asked what will I do with the Orenburg Triangle - wear it or give it as a present?

That's a good question. I enjoyed knitting it and like the design, but to tell the truth, the colours are exactly what I would wear. It would go perfectly with denim but I don't often wear that. So, I will probably hang onto it and give it as a present. Why not start a pile for future Xmases?

Meanwhile, here's another. I'm calling it Bubble Bath because of the pink colour, but a yarn shortage necessitated that I purchase supplementary mohair in order to be able to finish it. Now it looks like a dirty bubble bath!

This is an easy and fairly mindless knit for the intermediate knitter. The mohair is exceptionally warm and I found myself gravitating to it for that reason. It's cold here! I learned while knitting it that Classic Elite La Gran Mohair is more or less exactly the same as Berroco Mohair Classic. I just read the reviews at Knitter's Review and see that they bear me out in this - great resource!. The two yarns are interchangeable.

The pattern is actually called "Textured Squares Mohair Shawl" by Nancy Wiseman and the pattern is published in the book Knitted Shawls, Stoles and Scarves.

The only criticism I have is that the point in the centre back hangs down farther than I'd like. I'll try to block it and stretch it sideways a bit.

IMG_1488

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked