Wildebeest off the needles!

I never said I would be good at keeping up with this, but here's an update. I have recently completed the Wildebeest and am stalled on the Mark II. Wildebeest is a lovely shawl. I finished it with a simple black scalloped edging of Mission Falls 1824 Wool. I was pleased with the way this yarn blocked around some pretty pointy corners and with the way it blended with the Di.Ve Autunno that I used for the coloured center. Definitely one to wear outside the house.



The Mark II is another matter. I keep worrying that I'm going to come upon another weakness in the yarn. When I'm coming near the end of a skein, I keep asking myself when I should just give up on it and start a new one. I've finished the back - 22 inches from underarm to hem and am halfway up the fronts. I think I'll keep at it because I still have an encouraging image in my mind of how it will look when it's finished. The gauge and width are working out nicely but I need to start something else. Something relaxing.

A thread in the Ravelry Lace group is drawing me into starting Sharon Miller's Bressay Hap shawl. May as well since I bought the Rowan 42 book and I have scads of Germantown in several colours. I'm an optimist. I have complete confidence in the Germantown even if it is from the same source and vintage as the Pomfret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swatch

Karabella Lace fir cone shawl center, blocked