Here she is drying. I feel hopeful, but still a bit nervous. I'll just go straighten out that curve on the right front edging...and the one on the left hand side seam....
Our long greyness has begun. We only see the sun for a few minutes in the morning before it disappears behind the cloud. As the sun came up the other day I was thinking about a mitten I would call "Rochester Sunrise." It would be all grey and soft like a cloud, except for the wrist which would be shades of yellow crescents soon to disappear inside the cuffs of the wearer's jacket. Here is what we saw on our drive to Ottawa over the weekend. I love the part of New York state north of Syracuse, along Black Lake. It's depressed but moody and beautiful. This is a picture of the only piece of knitting I have finished in the past month, apart from a little scarf. These are my sister's xmas socks but I gave them to her early. The yarn is Nashua Handknits Best Foot Forward. And here's what I'm excited about now. This is a swatch in the Fleurette Stitch from Walker's 4th Treasury. Some of you may remember that I made a litt...
If there was ever a day to plaster my web page with photos of my new green shawl, today's the day. Pattern: North Sea Shawl by Cheryl Oberle (Folk Knits) Yarn: About 1000 meters of laceweight baby alpaca. I used a Russian yarn called Orlis, held together with a strand of Karabella Mohair Lace (2 skeins). Needles: 3.5mm Howay, Ginger!
This knitted lace pattern is from the book, Victorian Lace Today . The 20 row repeat is divided horizontally into 3 sections: two borders and a narrow middle section. Karabella Lace Merino , 100% wool 3 skeins = 765 yds. 36 pattern repeats Length: 60 inches Each row starts with plain knitting for the first border, followed by the mesh stitch center, and finishing up with the second border which is knit in lace pattern stitches. Here you can see the 3 sections up close: I enjoyed figuring out how the pattern worked, but after the first 10 repeats or so, working it became routine. I really had to push myself to keep going to the end. Tres elegant, non? Makes me think about working this with other border patterns and a different center stitch. The possibilities are endless. I have 2 more skeins of this yarn in navy blue and I keep ogling the remainder in the yarn shop. I'm tempted to make a pair of gloves out of it. It feels like it would make good gloves. Maybe after I finish the ...
Comments